We are going to visit the municipality of Guatapé, located at 79 km. from the city of Medellín, in eastern Antioquia. Tourist attractions:
Rock of Guatapé, stone mass with 220 meters of height that to ascend it is required to overcome more than 700 scales.
Peñol Guatapé Reservoir, with 2,262 hectares of land flooded to make way for one of the most important hydroelectric plants in the country. Engravings in the socles of the facades of the residences and other buildings representing traditions and color, additional visit to the Manuela farm where a tour is made and we know a little of its history.
It is a private or massive tour, which includes:
- Insurance policy
- Round trip transportation (private or mass)
- Visit to the church of Piedra
- New Peñol
- Visit replica of the old Peñol.
- Historical review.
- Visit to Piedra del Penol. (ascent by 720 scales)
- Visit Town of Guatapé
- Semitour by the Guatapé Reservoir in Rumbero Boat. Duration 1 hour.
- Tour through the town of Guatapé.
- Historical review of the sockets. Street of Memories.
- Return to the city of Medellín.
Total duration Tour: 1 day.
Cost: To be agreed.
- Bring water to hydrate.
- Use sun block, hat or cap, tie shoes. Wear blue jeans, long sleeve shirt or buso.
- Do not bring jewelry, money in quantity or items of value.
- Bring a camera and binoculars or, failing that, one of the two.
- The tour is done in silence so as not to disturb the peace of the place.
- A total respect for the environment is demanded.
- Do not throw garbage, keep it until you have a suitable place to deposit it.
- Carry identity document in a visible place.